Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Professional Practice - Concept for the Main Theme

After a lot of deliberation and experiments with different film I finally came to decide on how to proceed with the Professional Practice assignment. The theme for the set of images is 'death and decay'. Since I began at UCBC I have been a great admirer of New Objectivity. I love the way photographers who follow the characteristics of this movement chose subjects out of the ordinary, the items that most of us consider as unimportant.  I am fascinated how plants change with the seasons. The end of a plant's life takes on an amazing transformation. As areas of the plant cling to life other areas wither and drain away. Other plant forms produce different transformations. The teasel head changes from small purple flowers covering into a spiky dried intricate form. Its these transformations that produce shape and forms that I intend to capture.
 Below are the initial images -  They will naturally fit into the still life sections of photographic competitions.


















No comments:

Post a Comment