Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Salt Printing Experiment - The Final Image


The above image was exposed to direct sun for 10 mins. However, the windows at Uni have a UV protection. I believe this has effected the overall print as I should have taken the contact frame outside. For future if I exposed inside the uni building I would double the time. I am pleased with the look and feel of the image. More clarity is required with the fine detail, this including some of the mid tones and shadow detail. Selection of a good contrasting negative is key to making a good salt print. This is one process that I will continue to experiment until I become proficient. Much much more practice required.

1 comment:

  1. Done well Neil, I would be very pleased if this was my first attempt. Keep up the great work.

    How long is the shelf life of the silver nitrate solution you made up?

    Best wishes
    Darron

    ReplyDelete