Monday, January 16, 2012

The Final Images - Professional Practice



The final images for the Professional Practice are presented below. I am pleased with the results and feel I have moved on in my own photographic practices. Following on from the Final Major Project in year 2, I have experimented with both creative and photographic techniques.

These included:

- Theory gained in writing my dissertation has been applied in the capture of these images.  I was somewhat reluctant to use a digital process in this assignment, wanting a purely analogue approach from concept to presentation. However, information gained from both research and provided  by professional photographs changed my mind.

- I have used old photographic lenses that produced a certain effect in combination with modern large format cameras, combining this with film of the 1950's. This was in search of a different aesthetic look from the conventional photographic practices.

- When printing the images consider low-fi, this can produce innovative images that are different from convention. Experiments with various papers not considered the norm e.g brown paper, graph paper and tracing paper, these provide very interesting and exciting images.

- I have never submitted a full film portfolio. I have researched different film types, and chose one for the certain look it provides and then used appropriate developer and fixer so the best and stable results can be obtained.

- I chose a theme (The Beauty in Death and Decay) that would meet external competition brief criteria. The images below I feel could be entered into a number of competitions that are currently running. I will definitely enter the AOP Student awards in the Still Life Category. The other is the Black and White Spider awards.





















No comments:

Post a Comment