Monday, January 16, 2012

Whats Next - Professional Practice


I have further experimented with salt prints. However, I'm still not getting enough detail into the image. I had a thought of using a digital scan of the original neg and a scan of the salt print and combining them in photoshop. I discussed this with the lecturing staff (Andy) to see if this could be achieved. Well, Andy suggested why not experiment around a bit. He merged the two images but slightly out of alignment, which created a shadow effect. This has shown the possibilities that can be used. I kind of like the thought of using different photographic processes for the different era of photography. The image below has been taken with an 1850's petval lens. The film is Adox CHS, the same production as in the 1950's. Developed with Rodinal developer, then digital scanned. Finally imported into photoshop and digitally enhanced. This is definitely another avenue I would like to explore.






No comments:

Post a Comment