Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Interview with Emma -Fine Art

I was asked to model by one of my fellow students. This was going to be her Fine Art assessment piece. The concept behind this set of images was an interview where I would be answering questions this would be caught on film. The lighting set up was for low key using ambient lighting. This was shot at the university centre photographic dept. A black backdrop was used with black blinds lowered to half way with a black foam reflective board placed from floor level up to thigh height. This let in a 1 meter square of light to the left. To the right we place a black foam board at full length. The use of all the black board and background was to help with light absorption.

 Why am I telling you all this on my blog when it will be on Emma's. Well, to explore this experiment to the enth degree we swapped over at the end of my interview and I became the questioner photographer and Emma the interviewed model. This was never going to be my project as I had already decided on something else, but was curious to see how this would turn out.

The first thing to do before answering any question was to meter the background through the camera. Then close the aperture down by 2 stops or more until the desired effect.

Here are my questions with Emma's photographic responses:

Q1. Why did you want to come to university?






Q2. What did you not like about your last job?






Q.3 What's married life like?






Q4. What would you change?



Q5. How did you feel when you left school?





Q6. What do you particularly like about landscape photography?





Q7. What do you want to do after uni?









Q8. Whats your favorite picture to date/and why?



Q.9 How would you feel if you had to leave the course today?




Q10. Describe your peer group?




Learning Outcomes:



1. I found this to be a really interesting way to take a series of photographs. Seeing the subtle changes in a persons face when asked a number of questions.

2. I used my knowledge of Emma's background to ask certain questions that I knew I would get a different response for the previous asked question - kind of wave effect.

3. I would definitely use this technique again as its a very clever way to probe and record the human responses.






Contact Sheet:




No comments:

Post a Comment