Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Blackburn Hospice - Professional Studies

As previously explained for the Professional Studies assignment students have to organise and put on an exhibition. I have been very fortunate to obtain permission to put on an exhibition at East Lancashire Hospice, Blackburn. This opportunity came about when patients and staff from the hospice attended the end of year exhibition at the University Centre. The hospice group commented on my images and asked if they could purchase a set. I gladly provided the images which now hang pride of place at the hospice. While working with the hospice I had the idea of putting on an exhibition there. I wanted to work on a project that would be challenging and just not about displaying pictures. I put forward and discussed this idea with the manager at the hospice. I described that I would like to work with patients and staff and use literature that inspire them and I would create images around these pieces. Very kindly the hospice agreed and now I find myself on a roller coaster of an emotional journey to fulfill this brief. Just hope I can do the project justice.

No comments:

Post a Comment